More and more studio apartments are gaining popularity, the walls in which are practically absent. The whole apartment is a large multifunctional room, which is quite fashionable and interesting lately. People often decide to combine the kitchen with the living room. In a studio apartment, this option is provided. In the usual, it will be necessary to demolish the wall, which means that permission from the relevant authorities will be required. By carefully considering the interior, you can create an original design that can impress both the owners and their guests..
If we talk about an ordinary apartment, then the living room and the kitchen are two different rooms that must be combined. This can be done only if the wall is not load-bearing, and the demolition will not harm the structure of the residential building. For dismantling, it is necessary to obtain permission from a state organization, unauthorized design changes are prohibited This dismantling will not go unnoticed, so it would be stupid to cheat, because in this case, penalties will be imposed, and the wall will have to be returned to its original position at your own expense.
When the wall is demolished, the kitchen remains in the same place, since all communications are located in that place and should not be moved, since this has no practical sense. Moreover, the relocation of communication systems will entail additional financial costs. Having carefully thought out the interior, you can make it stylish, original and harmonious, and 20 squares are enough to create two functional areas.
Advantages and disadvantages
Redevelopment must be approached very responsibly, before starting work, you need to look through the finished options, decide on the style direction and take into account all the advantages and disadvantages of such an undertaking.
The merits of the association:
- Expansion of space, appearance of free zones and space in order to bring design ideas to life.
- Changing lighting due to the fact that there will be more windows in such a room than separately.
- You can easily and conveniently communicate with guests while in the kitchen.
- Using a studio apartment, you can create a stylish and unconventional design that can pleasantly delight every day.
- Being in the kitchen, you can control the actions of a small child in the living room.
- You can arrange large feasts and family dinners.
- You can save on equipment, because now you do not need two TVs, one large is enough «plasma».
Despite a number of advantages, disadvantages are no less significant:
- The aroma of food. In order to avoid this, you need to buy a very powerful hood, but it is not a fact that it will cope 100%.
- Irritating sounds of technology at night: refrigerator, microwave and others.
- Rapid room pollution, constant cleaning is required.
Most designers advise to allocate only a fifth of the total area of the room to the kitchen, give everything else to the living room, since this is where guests, children and other household members will be.
It is important to consider a number of rules and design guidelines in order not to create clutter:
- You need to create free space near kitchen surfaces, the distance should be more than a meter.
- Sink, stove and refrigerator are best located as close as possible so that they are within walking distance.
- The lighting system must be carefully thought out, both areas of the room must have individual lighting.
- The dining table is best used as a demarcation line between two areas..
- Using glossy surfaces and mirrors, you can visually increase the dimensions of the room, which is important for an area of 20 square meters.
You can divide a room into two functional zones using:
- Fake plasterboard partition. For a more interesting look, you can make it a fancy geometric shape..
- Bar counter. This is a stylish and functional option, the design of the rack can be absolutely anything, the materials are best selected in accordance with the style.
- Sliding partition. This option is the most interesting and practical, because at the right moment the space can be divided and then re-combined.
- Tiered floors, placing the kitchen or living room slightly higher, as if on a podium.
- Colors and materials.
- Arch, wooden elements.
- Sofas or soft corner.
Twenty square meters is a very small area, so you should pay special attention to the decoration of the room. It is best to use light colors that can visually increase the size of the room. The floor can be made a little darker, the ceiling and walls are best done with beige or white. Contrasting color schemes can be used only as inserts, focusing on the details. On the contrary, dark tones can visually «steal» several meters, so it is better to refuse them.
If the floor is chosen to be solid, then it is better to use a laminate, and put a stylish carpet near the sofa. If the flooring is different in different zones, then it is best to lay a carpet in the living room, but to tile the kitchen with tiles.
Correct selection of furniture
Kitchen furniture is best installed in a line or in a letter «D». Thus, the space is used as efficiently as possible. It is better not to put a large headset, as it clutters up the space. It is best to give preference to hanging boxes and cabinets, the height of which will reach the ceiling.
The kitchen wall can be selected in the same color as the sofa or other furniture, which is the main one in the room. Using yellow or green furniture, you can distribute accents, make a bright contrast between the interior and the furniture. It is better to buy a built-in dishwasher, and select a table and chairs depending on the interior of the room.
The recreation area also does not need to be cluttered with an abundance of furniture, there is enough sofa, a couple of armchairs and a coffee table. For the functionality of the space, you can use wall shelves, it is also better to hang the TV on one of the walls. If you have to sleep in the living room, then it is best to use folding sofa models. It is best to place the sofa in front of the TV in such a way that its back is turned towards the kitchen. It is best to use sheer curtains, tulle or roller models as curtains, which can be used to regulate natural light..