The ceiling is a surface that is rarely used as a decorative element. If you still want to make this part of the hall the brightest, then you should think about a stretch ceiling.
Stretch ceilings: photo for the hall in the apartment – a place for decoration
When decorating an apartment, people pay great attention to the walls. The most common way of processing them is painting and wallpaper, but sometimes you want to make the surface brighter and more impressionable by choosing catchy colors and patterns. Thus, the ceiling can become an important element of interior design, giving a room a completely new character and style. Choose stretch ceilings for the hall, which will make the room special, decorate the whole house and let you fantasize.
What are stretch ceilings?
Stretch ceilings are made of specially prepared PVC film, installed on the frame. PVC film is lightweight, durable and at the same time resistant to moisture and discoloration. In addition, the finish is available in a variety of intense colors and patterns, and its surface can have varying degrees of gloss. This special PVC film is cut to shape and size in the room, but it can also be part of an embedded structure such as a circle. The film is attached to the frame made of strips and aluminum profiles. Thanks to them, you can change the shape of the structure. The material is then heated to a high temperature, which ensures precise and strong tension. When the film cools down, it will have the properties of a rigid membrane.
Interesting! Thanks to the use of specially made PVC, you can make the ceiling a decorative element. It is a material that is very lightweight, durable, moisture and discoloration resistant.
Modern stretch ceilings: what layout possibilities does PVC cover give?
When deciding about a stretch ceiling for a hall, you have a lot of freedom in choosing how it will look. Color, pattern, gloss level will be at your disposal. It is worth knowing that if you choose a ceiling in a given color, it can be uniform or with a print. But we also have a large selection of designs because you can print photographs or graphics on film. In addition, the ceiling can be:
Two-level stretch ceilings
A stretch ceiling can also be made as a multi-level structure using unusual shapes (arcs, ovals and other geometric shapes). In addition, designs can vary depending on the selected bends.
Lighting for stretch ceilings: chandeliers and other appliances
You get additional interior quality by choosing decorative ceiling lighting. The surface can be equipped with:
- traditional chandeliers;
- halogen lamps;
- floor lamps;
But you can also get more unusual effects. Installation of the so-called Starpins will allow you to turn the ceiling into a starry sky, and if you put LEDs above the translucent film, it will shine over the entire surface.
Single-level stretch ceilings for the hall: several ideas
As you can see, the stretch ceiling offers very large and varied placement possibilities. Consider just a few design ideas:
- The ceiling is red. A ceiling stretched in intense red is a great idea for assertive people who like to experiment with their room designs. He undoubtedly looks original. Just remember that if such a strong color is on the ceiling, the walls, furniture and appliances in the hall should be in muted light colors, for example, in shades of white or gray..
- Black and white ceiling. You will get an original interior design by choosing an oval shape. Choosing a black and white mirror film will make the room look tall despite being dark. The effect is due to the fact that the lighting lights will reflect the interior items on the ceiling.
- Classic white ceiling. The ideal choice for many hall interiors is pure white. In this way, you get an effective shine that illuminates the interior. Such a ceiling will go well with Scandinavian and minimalist interiors..
- Luminous ceiling. If you find it difficult to choose lighting in your living room, then you should wonder whether you should choose a chandelier or halogens? Thanks to the use of transparent (semi-permeable) foil, the ceiling itself can be the light source, which will shine over the entire surface. The condition is to place the LEDs above it.
Interesting! Thanks to the use of PVC film, your eyes will be able to enjoy the ceiling of any color, shape and shine.
Stretch ceilings advantages:
- Stretch ceilings are completely resistant to building shrinkage, thanks to which they do not break and retain their original shape for many years.
- The ceiling installation is very clean and takes several hours. You can install a ceiling in a furnished room without worrying about debris.
- They are completely resistant to moisture and even water, making them successfully used in bathrooms and swimming pools. PVC film can even save a room from flooding because it can hold up to 100 liters of water.
- Strength of stretch ceilings is up to 25 years.
- Stretch ceilings are not painted and they retain their original color for many years.
- If necessary, surfaces can be cleaned with water and dish soap.
- If you need to remove the ceiling, for example, to replace a unit, you can disassemble the membrane and then reassemble it without compromising the surface quality..
A modern ceiling gives you a variety of layout options. Stretch ceilings for the hall are becoming the most popular, and wall paintings are becoming more and more in demand! Check out some interesting ceiling ideas that will help you start walking with your head up in your living room. See inspiring photos.