A shower is one of the essential additions to a suburban area. Today, the choice of design solutions, building materials and ready-made booths is so great and affordable that a shower room on the street can become a harmonious, and even stylish element in a summer cottage. The design of such a shower room will not only allow you to freshen up on a hot summer day, but also give you aesthetic pleasure..
Choosing a place for a shower
Choosing the right place for installing a summer shower will help avoid problems in the future. There are several basic rules for the location of the shower room on the street:
- The place should be protected from the wind, because even at high air temperatures, a draft can provoke a cold;
- if a container is expected, the place for the shower should be on the sunny side of the site;
- for the construction of a shower room, it is necessary to ensure a good outflow of water, therefore it is better to choose a place at the highest point of the site;
- for a shower without a container, proximity to a water source is important.
Outdoor shower, as a rule, have:
- By the wall of the house. With this arrangement, water can come from the plumbing in the house, which has its advantages. The drain can also be single. Otherwise, the outflow of water should be carefully designed, because the absence of a drainage system will lead to damage to the foundation. The wall of the house, to which the shower is adjacent, will need to be protected from moisture: for example, lay out with tiles.
- In the garden. This arrangement of the shower makes it possible to show imagination: for example, you can surround the structure with exotic flowers, trees and shrubs (or place them inside). Taking a shower in such a booth is a sheer pleasure: you feel unity with nature; water procedures, fresh air and aesthetics of forms give rise to harmony and contribute to the normalization of the psychological state.
- On the terrace next to the pool. Thus, a shower is placed for rinsing after swimming in the pool. In this case, the shower can be part of a single design composition of the site intended for water procedures..
There are many design options for a summer shower. If some time ago ordinary booths were popular, now designers are increasingly deviating from classic solutions..
For example, a pavilion-style shower room, which often has only three walls, has become one of the trends. This design has enough space and you can hang shelves, hooks, useful tools or decorative elements in it. It is difficult to call such a structure a cabin, rather it is a shower room.
Another equally popular type of construction is a shower panel. It can be located on any vertical surfaces: for example, on the facades of buildings.
The shower panel trimmed with decorative stone, coupled with vertical gardening, looks very harmoniously – such a composition is associated with wildlife, mountain rivers, waterfalls. Classic design – ceramic tiles, similar to the bathroom.
Another type of design is a shower rack. It is a simple vertical bar made of metal, less often of plastic.
This is the simplest and at the same time practical option: laconic forms and ease of installation allow you to place the rack almost anywhere on the site. It will perfectly match any design and decoration of a summer shower.
Outdoor shower as a design element
The appearance of the shower room plays the same role as any landscape design object. Shape, material, color should not contradict the general composition of the site.
A wooden outdoor shower is a great option for a summer cottage. The tree always looks harmonious in the landscape design. In addition, if the exterior decoration of the house is made of wood or imitates it, such an outdoor shower will perfectly fit into the design of the territory. For example, a shower room made of wood with minimal country-style treatment looks very impressive..
The shower room, made of treated wood, looks stylish and noble. This option will look great on a site decorated in a regular or mixed style..
A universal option is stone wall decoration for the shower panel. Combined with plants and natural pebble floors, such a structure looks very exotic and is associated with a spa vacation. This design will create a light atmosphere of peace, harmony and relaxation..
An unusual solution is the metal finish of the shower room. This design is perfect for high-tech style. Enhances the provocative effect created by this style, plumbing of the original form.
A few more tricks for decorating a summer shower:
- The shower room always looks advantageous, which is a continuation of the structure of the house, or echoes in color or material with any part of it.
- Those who like to deviate from standard standard solutions will surely like a shower room without the usual plumbing. An alternative solution would be a source in the form of a waterfall or shower, reminiscent of a downpour.
- An excellent field for design experiments is the summer shower plumbing. If desired, you can hide it, then there will be more space for decorating the wall. A shower of this kind looks very neat. Another option is to act from the opposite and place the main emphasis on plumbing. Fancy pipes, showerheads, shiny metal are all great tools for creating eye-catching designs.